With messenger apps being a major means of communication, you need not wonder why you need chatbot for your business. It is the next big thing, can help speed up customer services, improve marketing, and increase sales. We are all hearing about this chatbot recently so let us first know what is is this about.
What is a chatbot
Chatbots are conversational interfaces aka chatbots aka bots. A chatbot is a service, powered by rules and sometimes artificial intelligence, that you interact with via a chat interface. The service could be any number of things, ranging from functional to fun, and it could live in any major chat product (Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, Text Messages, etc.). In simpler terms, chatbots are simple computer programs that automates certain tasks by interact via a chat interface. If you notice the encircled pink in the Creative Avenue website, this is an example of a chatbot.
Chatbots are powered by two technologies , artificial intelligence and natural language processing . These provide human-like intelligence to the bots hence it is able to have human like interaction. It may look like a normal app, but once properly configured or structured it can address the concern of your website visitors on its own.
Bots today are revolutionising the arena of customer interaction and making it more convenient for the users. Let’s admit it, people are now using messenger apps more than they are using social networks.It has become the medium of communication since everyone is online. Messaging is where we spend a ton of our time and where we usually get the fastest answer to our queries. Logically, if you want your business to thrive online, you have to be where most people are. Being inside or utilizing the potential of the messenger app will do best for any business at this point, businesses have to be where their customers are.
Here are some effects of chatbot in your business activity:
- It can increase traffic flow to your website since you can integrate it with your social media page. Questions about product or service can easily be answered by linking it to your site.
- It can automate the basic inquiries of your customers and offer relevant product or service by structuring the questions, keywords and offers.
- Managing queries and orders will be easier since it has its own dashboard.
- Getting more subscribers to your page will be a lot easier.
- Much more advanced than the traditional email marketing, chatbots have the service called “broadcasting” which is more straightforward and more chances of being read.
How to Build Chatbots for your Business
The challenge of building a bot is not a technical one. Note that the purpose of this “simple computer program” is to be conversational. You have to first understand how a basic inquiry on your product or service is received. Put yourself on the customer side, or gather information on how customers first inquire. Those will provide keywords and help you structure the flow of the conversation. The flowchart on how to structure your conversation in this page might help you. Once you have established this flow, you can utilize chatbot applications and integrate them to your site.
- Connect your Facebook page to Manychat, Chatfuel, or any chatbot application.
- Set-up or structure the conversation.
- Get to know your chatbot dashboard.
If you need technical help, there are several sites you can refer to. Thinktuitive can provide you info on how to build messenger bot with Manychat. Search Engine Journal also provides case studies and how-to instructions. Kim Garst also discussed this lengthily in her blogpost.
If still you cannot do on your own, Batibot Digital might be able to help you. This is a local company that specializes on Messenger Bot Marketing, Facebook Ads and ClickFunnels Sales Funnels; helping local businesses generate qualified leads and revenue through automated lead generation system.