Young entrepreneurs in the field of ICT whose projects address some touch of social concern are being invited to enter this year’s Young Innovators Competition. It is open to any young person between the ages of 18 and 26.
Organized by ITU Telecom World 2013, the Young Innovators Competition seeks young social entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world with the technological talent and innovative ideas to create real-life, ICT-based solutions to developmental challenges. Meaning, the start-up or innovative idea should address any of the following six global challenges:
- Improve employment opportunities for young people and migrant workers
- Reduce food and water wastage at individual and retail level
- Facilitate access to public services for the elderly
- Improve natural disaster prediction and response
- Improve road safety for both drivers and pedestrians
- Protect sensitive personal data and inspire the creation of local digital content
The ten finalists selected by a committee of experts will win:
- Up to USD 10,000 in seed money to implement and bring to scale winning start-ups; up to 5,000 USD for winning concepts
- An invitation to attend ITU Telecom World 2013 in Bangkok
- Mentoring from high-level industry representatives both in Bangkok and for the following year
- Hands-on workshop training in entrepreneurial skills
- Opportunities to meet and network with leading ICT players
- Showcasing platform at our dedicated pavilion on the showfloor
How to Join:
It’s easy to apply. Just fill in the application form at ITU Telecom World 2013 and send it to email@example.com with “2013 Young Innovators Competition” in the subject line.
Remember to submit your entries on or before June 30, 2013.
Here’s the link to the site. Let’s not miss entries from the Philippines! Submit yours now.